When I raised the issue with my repair person, he said he would want to use
parts from Alexander and that, since these weren't parts he stocked
normally, I might as well have them make the entire thing.  I don't know
what is unique or not here and whether sound, appearance, or both are at
issue.

-S-

Steve, go see Randy Ulmer in Joysey.  Email me offlist if you need the
contact info.  He would be able to fabricate the slide you want.  Alex
tubing is 12mm and standard US tubing is 11.89mm.  The proper tubing can be
purchased here in the US but not many shops have it on the shelf.

The Jack Attack!