from: "Graham Jarvis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Custom slide for 70's Alex

I'm curious - I've seen horns with this kind of F extension.
How are the acoustics of the horn affected by the addition of such a
 long (=
presumably) cylindrical section of tube=3F I would have thought that a
 dispro=
portionate amount of the =22F-horn=22 would be cylindrical.
Anny comments=3F
Regards,
Graham

Hi Graham,

     All of the extra tubing for the F side on a double Horn is cylindrical as
well, since the leadpipe, first branch, and bell are the only tapered parts, so
there really isn't a difference at all.

Take care,

Stuart A. de Haro,
Custom Horns, Leadpipes, Brass Repair and Modification
(217) 377-1462
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.deharohorns.com