An important difference between movie music and ballet or opera is that
typically movie music is written after filming is complete. A movie music
composer has little or no control over what happens when (compared to opera and
ballet), whereas opera and ballet composers are famous for re-arranging (and on
occasion re-writing) libretti.

--Susan Thompson