I may not have made myself clear.

I can verify that I certainly am a crabby old guy who has been known to
bitch and moan about the level of discourse on this list over the years,
but that was not what I was doing (at least it was not my primary aim) in
my post. It seemed to me that I had been reading the same digest over and
over again. I mean, not just quoted and re-quoted, but the same digest with
the same messages and the same dates. Maybe I'm losing it in my dotage (the
shock of turning 57 on the exact semi-centenary of Brain's demise may have
hastened this), but I just wanted confirmation or denial of this from
someone out there on the list.

Well, now that I have probably further confused and alienated those that I
have already offended and befuddled, I'll leave it at that. And to the
person that implied that I'd be better off starting a new topic, I'll just
assume that she is new on this list since I am sure that the number and
variety of my past postings speak for themselves. You could look it up.

Harumph,

Peter Hirsch