I've got plenty of slide stops (as they're called) in stock in my shop at
the moment.
Sincerely
Ken Pope

"Just Put Your Lips Together And Blow...."
http://www.poperepair.com
US Dealer:  Kuhn Horns & Bonna Cases
Pope Instrument Repair
80 Wenham Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
617-522-0532

message: 12
date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:51:37 -0800
from: "Valerie WELLS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Tuning slide markers (??)

I don't know what these are called & I can't find them anywhere I've looked.

  I'm trying to find a source to buy the cool little gadgets I saw on Gail
William's horn Saturday.  I didn't get a chance to ask her about them.
They're little metal bands, about 7 to 9 mm wide (less than 1/4 inch).  They

attach to the tuning slide to mark it where you've tuned it.  They are
tightened in place with a small screw that is turned by hand like the fine
tuning screws on string instruments.

Anyone know where I can find such a thing?

Valerie

(BTW, Gail was INCREDIBLE at the UPS Brassworks.)