May I recommend the mutes made by the Balus, Ion and his brother Nicolae.
They are beautifully made and work even better than they look.  They are
advertised in the _Horn Call_, and they also have a web-site.  Google them,
as I do not have the address at hand.  You will find they are the most
versatile of mutes, even if that is not what you need.  Do you play with a
mute the entire time that you are playing with strings, or just for
indicated passages?  The Balu mute will work very well.
Ellen Manthe