Hi Everyone,

Don't forget about our colleague on the list, John Kowalchuk, who makes great
mutes and sells them at about half of the price of Balu's. I have one, and it's
great! Rittuch style, tuneable, and Johns are made with beautiful Canadian
Maple and in my opinion,  John's workmanship concerning the finish is superior
to Balu's. The Balu mute had a very poor quality finish with large places where
the varnish was not brushed out very well. John's on the other hand was very
smooth with no apparent bubbles and no brush marks at all...

Walt Lewis

Mathew James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: would agree for a third. I have one and
love it to bits.

On Nov 11, 2007 6:50 PM, Philip Jacobs
 wrote:
> ditto