From: "Rafael Arias" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Hi, This is my first post and I want your help. Please sorry but my english
   Sucks

My Japanese wife frequently reminds me that my Japanese sucks.  Of
course, since she is Japanese she states this in a way that doesn't
_appear_ to be a deliberate insult.  But my bilingual half-Japanese
daughter is less than half so polite.

   I have this problem, my horn quartet was invited to play in a Cultural Event
   based on Japanese Culture, and they ask us to play at least half hour of
   japanaese music.

   So I question my self, What should I play??

There is a vigorous horn community in Japan, but I don't know of any
particularly Japanese literature for quartet.

   The Hymm of Japan - Sure thing and now??

Some years ago I happen to have sketched a fantasia for natural horns
in diverse keys on Aka Tonbo, a Japanese children's song nearly any
Japanese will know, and which melody actually sounds Japanese.
(Google it.)  But it isn't finished, and it would be for natural
horns...

If you have the ability to arrange anything, consider some of the
music for any of Hayao Miyazaki's animations.  For example, the music
from _Tonari no Totoro_ (My Neighbor Totoro) and probably all his
other popular animations are available as sheet music and could be
arranged easily.  Japanese in the audience will recognise the tunes.