From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Freides
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 2:18 AM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: [Hornlist] Mouthpiece bores

Would someone kindly explain to me how the numbers used to
describe the bore of a mouthpiece work?  I learned that a 25
hole is larger than a 27 hole, but since 25 is not larger
than 27 (smart, aren't I?), I figure it must be some sort of
gauge thing like wire sizes.  (I found out about this
because my son's trumpet teacher had him order a mouthpiece
that comes stock with a
27 but he wants him to have it drilled to a 25).

Thanks in advance.

-S-

de