I can't comment on which lead pipe is best for a Conn 8D.  But I can comment on
how important a leadpipe in good condition is compared to a damaged leadpipe.
I recently had the opportunity to play on a Holton 104, the Tuckwell horn, that
has two interchangeable leadpipes.  One of the lead pipes was slightly bent.  I
tried this horn with both its damaged leadpipe and an undamaged leadpipe of the
same size from another Holton 104.  The difference was significant.  I had a
very difficult time getting the upper register to speak with the damaged
leadpipe, but had NO difficulty getting the the upper register to speak w/ the
undamaged leadpipe of the same size.  So based on my puny limited experience, I
believe that replacing or repairing (?), a damaged leadpipe should be a top
priority for any horn player.

This experience causes me to marvel at the ability to manufacture perfectly
fitting interchangeble parts for a fine instrument.  But, most importantly,
this experience makes me wonder:

Can a damaged horn leadpipe be repaired & restored to its original glory or is
it best to replace it?