Steven Mumford wrote:
>     One thing to check is whether it takes the European mouthpiece shank
> taper.  It will play a lot better if the shank fits in the right distance.

Along those lines, I've been trying to find a way to adapt my favorite
mouthpiece (Laskey 85G) to the European receiver on my Kalison C horn,
so far without success.  Even Laskey wasn't overly enthusiastic about
the idea, at least within the foreseeable future.  To be honest, I don't
play that horn very much, so it's not life-and-death, but maybe with the
right mouthpiece, I'd use it more.

Instead of adapting something that I know fits me well, does anyone know
of a vendor from whom I could simply BUY a moutpiece outright, that
would be similar?  I believe the rim diameter is 18.5 mm, and it seems
to have a medium-deep cup, compared with others that I own.

I knew there would be a difference with the right taper, but I didn't
realize just how much difference, until I noticed that an old mouthpiece
in my collection doesn't fit very far into any of my other horns.  The
only markings on it are "E-Z Tone U.S.A."  I suspected it might be a
European taper, and tried it in the Kalison just yesterday, discovering
that it fits perfectly.  No wobble.  And that horn plays like it never
has before.

Unfortunately, its rim is way too narrow for my teeth/embouchure.  So of
the manufacturers who do make mouthpieces specifically for the European
taper, where else should I look for one that will fit both me and my horn?

Thanks in advance!