2007/12/6, hans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Romance language - yes, these languages (Italian, Francais,
> Espanol, etc.) are best suited for romances - what a nice
> term, but you meant "Romanic" or Latin languages as they
> derive from the languages of the Romans the "LATIN".

Romance is a correct term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages

Not that we should trust wikipedia... ;)

Emory Waters wrote:
> Scandinavians, do you use the German system?

I'm not scandinavian, but yes, they use the German system.

Further: in Spanish and Portuguese "sostenido" is the word used for
sharp (the half a tone up kind, not being slightly high in pitch) and
in French the word /is/ diese (with an accent on the first e, which I
won't type because it will turn into gibberish on most computers)