Romance language - yes, these languages (Italian, Francais,
Espanol, etc.) are best suited for romances - what a nice
term, but you meant "Romanic" or Latin languages as they
derive from the languages of the Romans the "LATIN". But why
it seems to be so difficult for many players in the English
speaking world to remember just the two other different sets
of note naming ? It is so simple, just

Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si Do, with the addidional flat sign "b"
(= bemol) or sharp sign # (diesis NOT "diese" = just think
"diesel"!!!) in Italian, Spain, Portuguese.
C D E F G A H C in German musical terms, with a suffix of
"-es" for the flat & "-is" for the sharp. But there are
exceptions. If the note name is a vowel, the suffix is just
"s", like As for A-flat or Es for E-flat, - and the other
exception: B stands for B-flat, while H stands for
B-natural. C Cis Des D Dis Es E Fes F Fis Ges G Gis As A Ais
B H Ces C.
The French just use Ut instead of Do.

In the Netherlands they use "Bes" for the B-flat to
distinguish it from "B", which stands for B-natural (= H,
Si).

This is not much to store in your memory, but store it
permanently, please.

Would you believe, that I met timpanists just few days ago,
to whom no one had explained, how rests are notated. You
remember the thick vertical lines crossing from second space
in the staff to third space, standing for four rest measures
or the short thick vertical line just in the second space of
the staff (all seen from top line down), standing for two
rest measures. These guys have never heard about such. Did
you ? Well, the lowest line of this particular staff was
missing (last line on page) due to Kalmus negligence. So the
timpanists were wrong until I told them how to fix it. But
after I explained it to them, they turned the page & the
last line of the staff was missing again, but one could see
clearly, that the place had two long rest marks (standing
for 4 + 4 measures rest) plus one horizontal (hanging) rest
measure, resulting in nine measures rest. The timpanists
asked me again: "But how many rest measures do we have there
?". They had forgotten allready, what I had told them
seconds before.

This brought me to the question: "What happen with your
basic musical education ?" - They responded, they had not
had any. Well, it seems, they are not alone. But it is the
duty of the teachers, to point their students to these
important basics, while they seem to do a very good job
passing playing technique to them. But the playing technique
is not all.

There is the most important factor based on the technique:
musical interpretation in all facettes, beginning with
notation. Rests are as important as played notes. Phrasing,
where the "wait" factor is the most important; wait for the
downbeat e.g. - Intonation, which is not measured in
absolutes as it depends on the character of the piece, the
expression, the other voices playing the same time. The tone
colour, the blending, tempo. It seems to me, the most
musical things today result in "dead" music, a music without
colours, without expression. Expression must not be
misunderstood as an assemblement of crescendi & decrescendi,
different accents or slurs or dots. It sounds all
"constructed", away from nature.

So the teachers are to be blamed & the environment, perhaps.

But for you all: please remember these very few note names.
You can remember a vast multitude of technical terms inb
your profession, but why not these few names in your most
loved hobby, just to save us these lengthy & useless back &
forth about "horn in Ut".