Hi everybody,

My horn needs to be cleaned out but I am procrastinating because every time I get it cleaned out it comes back not to my liking. Once it got bright dipped and it came back a strange lime color and I was told by a horn maker that it reduces the life of the horn significantly. Once it wasn't cleaned out well and you could tell there was grit left in the valves. Ow. By the way please don't suggest ultrasonic cleaning. Maybe some other time...

I have a couple of questions:

1) How much would it cost me to buy the chemicals for the repairman so I can make sure they are clean and pure when used on my horn?

2) How difficult or dangerous would it be for someone of average ability to do the job? I can take the valves apart and put them back together and take out small dents.

I appreciate any information you could give me, on the list or off.

Scott