One solution is to call it a leadpipe; or as the Brits do, they call it a leader pipe and you can reserve lead (led) for the word by itself.

Paul Mansur

On Feb 2, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Dawn McCandless wrote:

At the same time as writing the question the wish in my mind was that there was a different way to spell the two words. Wondered how long it would take for someone to comment about them. Maybe we could start a new spelling for the long E version and make it leade.

message: 7
date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:13:54 EST
from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject: Re: [Hornlist] lead pipes and lead

In a message dated 2/1/2008 1:07:29 PM Central Standard Time,