I've noticed that some players who play horns w/ medium bell throats, seem to
use their right hand quite a bit more than I do for intonation adjustments. My
Silver Flash (Holton 179)is easily "lipped" in tune w/o affecting tone, so I
rarely use my hand to adjust pitch. So here are my Q's:

(1) Is it a general characteristic of large bell throat horns to have "wider"
notes and are thus easier to "lip" in tune?
(2) Conversely, is it a general characteristic of medium bell throat horns to
be more "notchy" so the hand must be used more?

Valerie