Reminds me of a band arrangement of Till Eulenspiegel I played years ago on
a band job.  Greatly abridged, of course, but the worse was the horn solo  had
been transfigured for old Eb mellophone.  It was in Eb concert, and  played
ON the beat!  The last three notes were in the baritone part.   I convinced the
conductor to let me play it right, except in Eb, though.   Sorry, I don't
remember the initials of the good conductors.  I'm glad my  teacher, Prof. IMG
made me play everything in Eb, though!

Hey Bill, you didn't mention who had the solo?  I'm assuming it was  either
alto sax, alto clarinet, flugelhorn  or accordion.  I  doubt if Owen is related
to Jerry.

KB

In a message dated 2/7/2008 1:01:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,