From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of hans
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 4:08 AM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Bach - B minor Mass - 11 - Quoniam tu solus
sanctus

Well, Orlando, at one moment it looks if the were a movement
of a 4rth valve, but that is an optical error. This old
fashion linkage looks like some movement, but it is from
another of the three valves. I got the horn in my hands a
few years ago. And Hermann just told me, that he still uses
this horn.

I used a single high F Alex most of the time when playing
high stuff, but used the single F Viennese (rotary valves)
for two concerts with the Missa. If the high a2 is perfect,
no problem. Requires a light embouchure only & soft playing.

I also used a high-F-high-Bb hybrid small bell horn for the
extreme pieces. This horn was built as high Bb soprano but
had the tumb valve reversed, so it was pitched in high F & I
could switch to high Bb soprano instantly, but had a special
device on the first valve slide holding the slide in
position, so I could push it shorter within a second, when
switching to the extreme Bb-soprano.