From: Mark Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Sent: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:26 pm
Subject: [Hornlist] Looooow F on Vienna Horn?

Lieber Herrn Hans Pizka!

Koennen Sie Mir bitte Helfen?  I'm not sure how to post to you privately,
but perhaps others on the list will find this question of interest.  I play
a Vienna Horn and my community orchestra has programmed Mahler's 4th for our
next program.  I've been assigned 3rd Horn since the pedal F notes in the
2nd and 4th parts are generally not assumed to be playable on a single F
horn.  I was hoping you could provide me with the solution used by Vienna
Horn players for this not, since these parts were in all likelihood written
for them.

Herzlichen Dank,

Mark Phillips

Symphony of the Potomac