> Speaking of Welsh horn treasure...  That reminds me that I have a promise
> to keep to my local Welsh cultural society (in Seattle).  I told them I
> would come up w/ a horn solo, trio or quartet for St. David's Day in March
> of 2009. So I'm looking for anything Welsh for horn: hymn/or folk song
> arrangements, original horn stuff by Welsh composers, etc. Anyone have any
> suggestions?

Mathias horn concerto arr. for piano by Geraint Lewis, (also known as
Tniareg Siwel). Out of print but I have a copy.

Hymns by Joseph Parry

"Mae Hen Wlad fy Nhadau" (national anthem)

Sospan Fach...

All stuff that would probably be quite easy to arrange.

The hollywood composer Mike Lewis is Welsh. I have played some of his
pieces for small groups - 3/4 horns, a harp (Katrin Finch) and as I recall
some woodwind.

Not a terribly Welsh instrument though, y Cor Ffrengig.

Kit