From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Herbert Foster
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:30 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re: Horn Position

Playing off the leg definitely helps my breathing and makes
me less dependent on chair height. I am definitely in the
minority among the amateurs I know.

One reason playing off the leg can be less comfortable is
that it unbalances the horn and puts more stress on the left
pinky. That's the reason I use a hand strap. Now the major
discomfort is the pressure on the right thumb knuckle. I use
moleskin to alleviate that.

Herb Foster