This is pretty good advice -

A normal bed room has quite a few hard surfaces (walls, desk, dresser,
nightstand) - all of these reflect sound.  In a small environment such
as a bedroom, this can give you the false impression that you're playing
out, when you're really just barely putting out sound.  However, making
the room too dead (using nothing but absorption) can make you work WAY
too hard and make it so you're always playing loud and tiring out
quickly.

A good mixture of diffuse and absorbed sound is the way to go for
smaller rooms.  For super small rooms (say 10x12 feet or 3x4 meters)
more absorption than diffusion or reflection is good - but avoid total
absorption.

A great tool that won't cost much at all is a few large book shelves
filled with books.  Pick up the book shelves at a yard sale and then go
to your local library or used book store.  Either of these places will
get rid of handfuls of "unwanteds" for very little money.  The books
themselves will do a very good job at deflecting high frequencies back
into the room at random patterns (due to the differently-sized books)
and absorbing the absolute lowest frequencies (which you're not likely
to produce with the horn.)

If you're willing to spend a little more money, there are great products
which will do absorption for you from companies such as:
Auralex
GIK Acoustics (great prices)
Ready Acoustics (also great prices)
RPG Acoustics
Real Traps

Here's a few words of caution -

1 - do not use egg-cartons.  They won't work.  They don't work.
2 - don't just buy any old sound foam.  Not all sound foams are made
equally.  If you think it's dramatically cheaper than any of the brands
I listed above, be suspect.
3 - NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER,
EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER use egg-crate, bedding, or sofa foam.  All of
these foams are actually quite flammable (some worse than others) and
they don't do a great job anyway at acoustical treatment.  One errant
spark though, and your whole house will go up in smoke.

I have several treated rooms ranging in treatment amount, quality and
purpose.  My most basic, but probably deadest room is also my cheapest
outfitted room.  It probably set me back about $200.  I used Auralex
tiles (1'x1') glued to acoustic ceiling tiles which I had attached to
the wall using dry wall screws.  This makes it very easy to remove the
product if I move without leaving a gluey mess all over the walls.
Also, with the stiff backer board, I was able to mount some 1"x2" strips
and some 2"x2" strips on the backs of them so that some of the pieces
were staggered off the wall a bit (increasing their effectiveness).
This is a very dead room and works well for its relatively small size.

My biggest, most expensive room was built for sound with floating walls,
specialized insulation and has a generous mix of diffusion and
absorption.  The room sounds fantastic but cost me a little over $13,000
to design, build and treat.  Either of these rooms though, work quite
well for practicing.

There are quite a few resources available to you on the Internet as
well.  Auralex offers a free service where you send them a diagram of
your room, your needs and your budget and they'll design a treatment
package for you.  Additionally, one of the recording Internet BBS
services where I'm a moderator offers a room for Acoustics specifically
and it's moderated by a world-renowned and published acoustics expert.
That site can be found at www.recording.org.

Cheers!
Jeremy Cucco