Hi Wendell and Guys,

Sorry but I don't think I was complete enough in my answer about help with
embouchure problems.

Of coarse!!!! the first for beginning horn students and for all of us that
might be having some difficult in our playing is to recheck the embouchure.  In
fact when I am starting a new student, I always have them work for a couple of
months with a mirror.  Having a correct placement of the mouthpiece and all of
the other stuff i. e. Farkas, is so important.

I guess my point was that the embouchure... and here I expect to get flamed...
is not the most important aspect of playing the horn.  Look at all the players
you know and see just how many different ebouchures you see.  Some really good
players I have know have even had some really weird embouchures.

The one constant I see among strong players is good breath control.

So!!!  Yes, a good embouchure is very important, and when coming back to the
horn after a long lay-off, I think working with a mirror is most important.
But I still contend that when problems don't seem to solve themselves, look to
the breath.

Milton
Milton Kicklighter
4th Horn Buffalo Phil