I'm an amateur player and I just wanted to thank Matthew for the review!! Due
to my health I cannot travel on airplanes anymore (the joys of being a senior)
but I always enjoyed going to IHS festivals. Any other great highlights of
concerts? I saw the whole Cleveland Orchestra horn section was there, and I
would have loved to hear Lowell Greer on natural horn!

Matthew, what did you like about Cantestu (spelling?) horns? I play an old
Kruspe for the past 40 years and have been looking for a new horn, but nothing
out there now seems to work for me. I've been thinking about getting it
rebuilt, since I can't seem to let go of it. Would a Cantestu leadpipe work on
a Kruspe? Mine is yellow brass with a very large bell. Carl Geyer dated it as
WWI vintage in the 60's. I would consider a Lawson lead pipe, but I am
concerned as to what you mean by 'attitude?'

Were there any good new mouthpieces? I'm always looking for one that will top
my Dell'Osa-John Barrows copy that I got in 1963.

What's the "Virtual Conductor" booth?  Were these films of greats like
Toscanini or just nobodies? I go to a lot of concerts and have tapes of many
great concerts that I collected through the years. I especially like my
Bernstein/Vienna Philharmonic Mahler performances.

Happy Horning! --> \@()

Steve

>>>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
from: matthew scheffelman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] IHS horns, gagets,
reviews.

Spent one day there because I had a gig in Vail/Beaver Creek
that week. =0A=
=A0I Tried out a slew of horns and made some great new
friends.... some of =
my reviews...=0AIMO....=0ABest new=A0small maker,
Cantestu horns ( I hacked=
the spelling, sorry dude). Great workmanship and
style=A0for the lightweig=
ht Geyer style horns.=0ABest New Leadpipes for
every make of horn, again, C=
antestu (hacked spelling, sorry).=0ABest New
production horn, Paxman Studen=
t model (made in China and it is
truly=A0Amazing).=0ABest new big company=
=A0maker horn, Conn's 8D custom
(plays great, less filling).=0ABest new=A0T=
riple, None. Paxman 75=A0is
still=A0the best, Alexander copies it, Dieter O=
tto copies it. I like Schimd
personally, as well too but i missed meeting t=
he master.(I play Paxman
&=A0Schmid mouthpiece).=0ABest new=A0Practice Mute=
, Bonna.=0ANothing
new in cases, mutes, mouthpieces or other new=A0horns=A0=
that I saw.=0ABest
beer drinking horn dealer, Richard and his wife=A0from W=
ichita Band, and
herr Alexander (he=A0does=A0NOT drink beer, but parties we=
ll!!).=0ACoolest
Booth, Paul Navarro at Custom Horn...( you want a straight=
answer about
somthing, anything? Ask Paul).=0ABiggest Attitude Booth, Laws=
on horns,
wait, did I say that out loud? Nice=A0and Techy.=A0It was a very =
cool
booth. =0ACoolest/Best teachers booth? Wendell of course.=0AWeirdest b=
ooth,
Virtual Conductor Booth.....Freaky.=0A=0A=0A