[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It consists of CD's of a conductor conducting a "virtual" orchestra
on a large screen TV.  It comes with the complete horn parts so a
complete (and live) horn section can play long with the CD.

And to answer another part of Steve's question... the conductor is a "nobody." It's literally a close up of a conductor conducting a piece, bizarre facial expressions and all. The kind of thing nightmares are made of.

But to reiterate Jerry's sentiments, IVASI is great. It's the most fun way to rehearse orchestral horn parts, and to learn your excerpts in context. You just have to turn the stereo up really loud so that balance is realistic. Most universities have "smart classrooms" these days, with a big projection screen and surround sound. This is the perfect environment for IVASI and any school with this setup should have IVASI on their short list of things to buy.

It could be fun for home use too, but I don't know if I'd recommend it if you live in an apartment. Unless of course all your neighbors are horn players, or at least other musicians.

Greg