From Max Reger to a critic: "I'm sitting in the smallest room of my house. I have your review before me. In a moment, it will be behind me."

RGS

Bill Tyler wrote:

--- On Wed, 8/13/08, Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In 1961 Bob Dylan wrote of NY critics, "A lot of people
don't have much food on their table, but they got a lot of forks and knives and they gotta cut somethin'." Nearly 50 years have passed. Seems not much has changed.

Add this quote by Sibelius ...

“Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic.”