I don't disagree.

This is one of the reasons I haven't bought it. I have a copy of the tutorial on how to set it up for use with the notation program I use and decided that it was much too much work for my intended use.

I think there are some spectacular demos on the web site that must have taken a lot of time! I don't have the time to spend, so I'll continue as I am now.

This was offered as an example of one of the tools that is available. To my old ears, it does not sound as artificial as most synthesizers do. Just as my taste buds have gotten less sensitive as I grow older, I'm sure my hearing is not as sensitive as it once was.

I also offer it as a cautionary tale. If it can do what it can now, what will be possible in five or ten years?

Regards...

Tom

Jeremy Cucco wrote:

Moral of the story -
For "real" music, synths just don't cut it (and hopefully never will).
For basic composition tools they're great. As Dan puts it though (only a little differently), nothing beats good ol' instrumentation education.