There is some confusion about this. This post caused me to go back and look at the score, and take another look. After doing so, it is clear to me that the parts are correctly in Bb alto. The key to determining this is looking at five and four bars before the end of the First Part. If the Wagner Tubas play in Bb Basso, they are then in unison with the Bass Tuba, which is clearly not intended, since the ascending quarter note line is then no longer in octaves.

I used to think that these parts were in Bb basso, but I no longer believe that to be the case.

******
Robert N. Ward
Principal Horn
San Francisco Symphony