>> Playing the single F horn, or playing more on the F side of a
>> double is good practice;  I play up to 4th line D of the F
>> side of my 8D because I like the sound of that D on the F
>> side of the 8D (as well as the C a second below).

I have found myself playing more and more on the F-side, partly because of
the sound and partly because it seems to give me better endurance. For
example, if I have to hold a high-G for several bars I'll use the B-flat
side to pitch it then change fingerings when I next have to breathe.

Having said that, a fair proportion of my wrong notes are due to
forgetting which side of the horn I'm using. But getting better.

Kit

--
Sometimes my Email program gives the wrong return address. If you have any
trouble replying to me, use '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and not 'n802...'

Sorry for any confusion