Hi John,

You might want to check out Abe Lincoln's Songbook, arr. by Douglas Hill.
Although the work is intended for three parts, there may be a way to creatively
make some of the arrangements a quintet.  The piece is published by Really Good
Music, LLC.  Here's a bit more about the piece, courtesy of the Really Good
Music website.

""Abe Lincoln’s Song Book" was written by Douglas Hill in 2008 in
celebration of Abraham Lincoln’s 200th birthday on February 12, 2009.
This Brass Trio (Trumpet, Horn, Trombone) with narration has a
selection of twelve of Abraham Lincoln’s favorite melodies. Included
are: Barbara Allen; Old Sister Phoebe; The Romish Lady; Skip To My Lou;
Kathleen Mavourneen; Adam and Eve’s Wedding Song; Gentle Annie; Hoosen
Johnny; The Soldier’s Chorus; Silver Bell Waltz; Dixie’s Land; Hail to
the Chief. Score included. Over 60 plus different combinations of
instruments can mix and match these tunes (Strings, Brass, Woodwinds).

Lincoln
felt a deep love and abiding respect for all kinds of music, similar to
his extraordinary ability to feel compassion and respect for all kinds
of people. These wonderful little songs capture a glimpse of his time
and his place on this earth. Through Lincoln’s favorite songs we can
celebrate the boy who became that most remarkable man who grew beyond
us all as an example of a timeless, extraordinary human being."

Here's a direct link to the above information:
http://www.reallygoodmusic.com/rgm.jsp?page=itemDetail&iid=128459

Best regards,

Dr. James Boldin

Assistant Professor, Horn and Music History

Division of Music

The University of Louisiana at Monroe

Phone: (318) 342-1591
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]