With tongue firmly in cheek (and with the understanding that, although I
have gotten paid to play French Horn a few times, it was obviously a big
mistake on the contractor's part and I certainly do not make anywhere near a
living from playing the French Horn) _and_ assuming this is for horn in F,
which a quick look at the first page of the score says it is:

Give the trombone player a few bucks and have him play it for you.

Give the tuba player a few more bucks and have him play it for you.

(Offer to insert a mute for either of these two fine players in the location
of their choosing if they'll also play a bit of your part leading up to the
low D.)

Have beans for dinner - or better, Cabbage, uh, er, cabbage.

I'm pretty sure that Cabbage would tell us no one can make a living playing
Amahl - you have to play other pieces, too.

Steve "just kidding" Freides