That's just Hans being Hans.  He's not going to change his opinion or when
he offers it on this list just because you don't like it.  You insulting him
doesn't really improve the situation for anyone, I'm afraid.  It's been
tried before by others (including me).

-snip-

> Discipline has nothing to do with overcoming medical issues.
> Though some medical issues can be overcome or affected
> positively by discipline and all sorts of physical exercises
> (including playing the horn), some medical issues directly
> impact the face and chemical reactions to food and beverage
> are indeed medical issues.  For you to imply that they are
> psychosomatic (as is indicated by the constant use of the
> word "hypochondriac") is simply insulting.  Either you don't
> know the meaning of that word or you are being quite flagrant
> in your disregard for others' problems.

There is some truth to what each of you is saying.  A lot of people resort
to taking pills for things they really don't need to and, as you say, a lot
of people have legitimate medical issues for which a pill is the best
solution.

> I had a legitimate question for the entire list - does anyone
> have any issues with certain foods/beverages and know the cause's)?
>
> Your insulting answer is the kind of response that keeps
> participation on the list minimal as people are afraid to ask
> or answer questions for fear that they'll be insulted.

Maybe it's just me, but the prospect of Hans disagreeing with me hasn't
caused me to keep quiet but, then again, neither has my own ignorance on
many horn-related matters; maybe it is just me, after all, but I have
learned a lot here from you, from Hans, and from many other people, too.

> Sorry for the rant (directed to the members of the list), but
> if you really have nothing to contribute but insults and
> judgment, please consider not hitting "send."

Well, I'm going to go upstairs and practice the French Horn, and I hope
everyone else here does likewise.  My best wishes to everyone here for a
good holiday season and a healthy and prosperous 2009.

-S-