I agree with Jay. Too bad my TV has such poor sound. Even so, it was an amazing performance. The video and sound engineering is outstanding! This production made the NY Philharmonic's broadcast look and sound like a home video.
Luke Zyla

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Kosta" <jko...@pronetisp.net>
To: <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 9:28 AM
Subject: [Hornlist] Vienna Phil

My wife (an extremely good 'listener' of music), thought the VPO played
better in this year's New Year's Day concert than they had in the previous
5 or 6.
She attributed it to the players seeming to really enjoy being there, and
that they were enjoying the music. Also she mentioned that the sound was
more clear, and each section and soloist could be heard more distinctly.

In past years, she said it sounded like the players had 'telephoned in'
their parts....

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY