From: "hans.pi...@t-online.de" <hans.pi...@t-online.de>
To: "The Horn List" <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Vienna Phil
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:16:11 +0100

YEs. my source in Vienna confirmed that he used the Paxman f-high F. The
other hornplayers were:

Lars Michael Stransky, as assistant, sitting left from Tomboeck (from
viewer perspective), Jancovic on 2nd (sitting right  from Tomboeck, from
our view), second row: left: Thomas Joebstl playing 3rd & right: Manuel
Huber on 4rth.

All horns sound as terrific as the whole orchestra. I have the
impression, Barenboim has still kept his beautiful naive romantic
musicianship as a very young man. Rare & wonderful. There is no
orchestra in the world with a similar warm, velvet & rich & light sound
the same time.