>> I play on a Paxman 23 and recently had it cleaned.  I had been using
Hetman
light rotor oil down the slides and Hetman rotor oil on the bearings.
Before I had it cleaned the valves were getting kind of sticky, thus the
cleaning.  When I got it back, the repairman said to use Al Cass down the
slides and a slightly thicker oil on the top.  In proceeding with this
recommendation, I found that my rotors slowed down to a crawl.  Does anyone
have any different recommendations as to what to do about this?  They are
basically no better than before I had them cleaned right now. <<

Joel,

This could be happening for any of several reasons.  Before answering your
question, I would want to know:
- what are you using for a "thicker oil on the top"?
- what are you using for slide grease?
- what is your exact procedure for oiling your horn?
- were the valves slow immediately after you got the horn back, or did it
take a while (and if so, how long)?
- does this horn have titanium rotors?

--
Regards,