I think that's actually a shame as far as trumpet playing goes (and I was a
 former trumpet player). For years and years I've heard this sort of
Americanized  sound that I just can no longer stand. Yet in Europe (esp. in
Germany) a sound  is cultivated that to me is the ideal trumpet sound. To me
the
difference in  sounds is akin to the difference between night and day.

I should also mention my comment about the sound not being what you want
was a pretty sarcastic comment :)

Thinking outside of the box always gets me into trouble.

-William

In a message dated 4/26/2009 9:31:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,