At 11:22 AM -0400 5/7/09, r...@horn.pro wrote:
My two cents on How Horn Parts Are Written Today. If the composer is
writing score in C then the horn part is best written in alto clef. I
think the composers score should reflect the theory of the piece
accurately, but the performance parts should be written in the most easy
to read way.

While alto clef is certainly easy to read, in fact, a piece of cake, I, personally prefer either baritone clef (which is great because one can use either an F clef sign or a C clef sign) or mezzo-soprano clef. French violin clef may be confused with treble clef, so I recommend composers avoid it except for violinists in France.

--
Carlberg Jones
Skype - carlbergbmug