For real fun, try looking at an LED alarm clock while playing different pedal
tones.  On some notes the numbers pulse, and on other notes you can see the
order that the machine draws the lines that it uses to make numbers.
Electricity in the US operates at 60 hertz (cycles per second), and at the
lower frequecies, your face literally gets out of phase with the pulsating
picture (much like "beats" when your pitch gets out of phase, or tune if you
prefer).  This does not happen, however, with some computer moniters or LCD TVs
operating at 120 hertz clock speeds.

Respectfully Submitted,

Scott Young