If this a
Systemic design issue maybe the Hoyer folks should be talking replacement as opposed to longer slides

Debbie Schmidt Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Tina Barkan <tina.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, as far as I know all of the Hoyer folks at the show, including their engineer, played all of the PMAL's that were there and found them to be sharp. I know that the Hoyer engineer was on the phone with their factory in Germany immediately after he tested the horns so something is definitely amiss in Hoyerland.

Tina

On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:19 PM, John Kowalchuk wrote:

Were all these horns sharp when others played them?

John Kowalchuk
Maker of mutes/horns/canoes/paddles/bikes
Oshawa, Ontario     http://kowalchukmutes.com

Canadians don't surf the net, we paddle it.

-----Original Message-----
From: horn-bounces+hornontario=yahoo...@music.memphis.edu [mailto:horn- bounces+hornontario=yahoo...@music.memphis.edu] On Behalf Of Tina Barkan
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 3:02 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Hoyer 5802 CK

They're pulled all the way out and the horn's still sharp. :(  With
all the slides pushed in the horn's at 452. For a European horn I
would have expected around 445. The Hoyer engineer who was there from
Germany agreed that the horn was too sharp. I think what surprised
them was that all the 5801 PMAL's there were equally sharp.

Tina