On 10/17/2014 07:07 AM, Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
Among the bug fixes or little improvements, this release's main goal
is to prevent JOSM users to send the task boundary to OSM database
even if ignore is set which may happen with recent versions of JOSM.

JOSM users should now see a link to a GPX file right below the "Edit
in JOSM" button. They're invited to download the given file and load
it in their favorite editor.

So when clicking 'edit with JOSM' there is no more task boundary loaded? I have to manually load the boundary for every task I work on? How am I supposed to configure my browser to actually automatically hand this file to josm?

This is a major step backwards in usability, unless there's something significantly wrong with my (untouched since before this change) setup. When I load a task into JOSM, continuous download immediately grabs adjacent area, and then I have no idea what the boundaries are of what I'm supposed to be mapping.

I have only *once* seen a tasking rectangle in the OSM database, and that was somehow added by somebody else. I deleted it and moved on. It seems to me that if there's a problem with JOSM adding them, it's supremely rare, and should be prioritized in JOSM rather than "fixed" with such a significant step backwards in usability.

I'm also not thrilled with the move of "Unlock". IMO that's going to make inadvertent "premature Done"s much more common. I would much rather see it be a button again, perhaps colored yellow to distinguish it from the green Done.