Hi Ray,

Thanks for all your efforts! To answer your questions:

I don't think it's a good idea to go through and add the source tag to
objects, based on your own working out what the source probably was.
Very often the source IS already given, but it's in the changeset
comment=* or source=* tag, not on the object itself. Even if that
isn't the case, I don't think it's a good idea to guess.

About the software edits, well, it's hard to say for certain, and if
you can link to specific examples it'd help. There are often some bits
of imported data which look kinda weird, and I've been told off in the
past for deleting tags just cos they looked weird ;) - there may be a
specific deliberate reason they're there, or they may be the result of
a bad import, but in most cases the weird tags are doing no harm, and
we probably shouldn't delete them in case someone has a purpose for
them. If they're bugging you then you could look at the object
history, work out who imported them, and contact them.

Best
Dan