On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 20:59:57 +0000
Michel Gilbert <michc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> I found this page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Bgirardot/West_African_HOT_Mapping_Tips
> that is created by BGirardot that provides good tips helping to
> understand the context for mapping West Africa in terms of features.
>
> As an uninitiated HOT mappers I would need more of these.
>
> Michel

It seems an obvious suggestion that a link to the page above could
appear on the page which some of the Instructions are linking to:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2014_West_Africa_Ebola_Response

Obviously BGirardot's brain is not automatically hooked to all the wiki
pages it should be hooked up with, more's the pity. :-)

And this whole discussion could tie into the thread on the list:

  "Video that Best Represents Our Work?"

This thread seems to end up discussing ways to use video to help teach
mappers how to do better mapping.

This may be a good time for a straw-man catalog/training tool to appear
on the wiki.

- ray