On 11/4/2014 8:11 PM, thatwo...@hushmail.com wrote:

Michel,

Thanks for the link, although I had already seen that page. It's very
useful, but I still think mappers would benefit from seeing examples of
individual structures (or non-structures) that aren't part of
residential areas-- structures that are standing alone or in groups too
small to be enclosed in a residential area, but which still need to be
traced, as well as things that many mappers might think should be
labeled buildings, but which shouldn't be.

Take care,

-Ian

Hi Ian,

As you are mapping, if you could save the url of the locations you think show the types of things you are talking about above and then send them to me or the list I would really appreciate it.

It is sometimes hard for me to know what people need examples of as I sort of mentally skip over things I am already familiar with.

If you are using iD you can just copy paste the url from the web browser, if you are using JOSM, click on the coordinates in the lower left of the screen and then copy/paste the url from the last box in the dialog that pop up.

You can collect some of them together in a list and then send them as a group or individually, whatever works best for you.

Anyone can feel free to send URLs to me or the list of things you think should go in an imagery or mapping tips guide.

Cheers,
blake