I like to use Galileo.
I paid for the pack which allows to record GPS track and to use maps
stored in a mbtiles format.
I wrote my own script to create .mbtiles files for maps I want to use
when going hiking. Can share if you need it.
They also propose maps for different available as vector data.

The app is simple, has a good looking and is user friendly. Reasons
why I like it so much.

Pierre