On 2 January 2015 at 15:14, Laura Green <lolly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’d like to comment generally about the hot task manager
> descriptions/instructions:
>
> Unless indicated as "Expert only" at the very beginning of an activation
> page, I'm assuming all activations are for the general public to contribute
> to? The "whys and wherefores" and technical information I feel are often
> getting in the way of plain and simple  guidance as to what is required, so
> people can just get on with it, and not have to hunt for the pertinent
> information.  Plainly worded bullet points would be ideal. Any "nice to know"
> information could be provided below this.

Laura and others, regarding description versus instructions and
regarding presentation, format, general quality of instructions.
This is an ongoing discussion subject and there is some work in
progress so it is certainly the right time to give feedback, advice
and any comments.
To name a few of the places where this happens, I would be very
thankful for your opinions with replies in discussions [1-5] and
especially comments on proposals and mockups [6,7].

[1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2015-January/007021.html
- [HOT] Updating/changing directions on exiting Projects

[2] https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/517 - Extend MarkDown
[3] https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/132 -
Project editing - Markdown for entities to map
[4] https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/172 -
Templates for project creation
[5] https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/193 -
Re-introduce Instruction Tab

[6]
https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/132#issuecomment-67401555
- The instructions should follow a standardized format (and that
includes formatting).
[7] https://moqups.com/althio.fo...@gmail.com/foD30dBJ

I could say the same about big projects workflow or pictures for
features or validation tables. Feel free to discuss in a separate
subject on HOT list, join Training Working Group or add reports and
requests in GitHub.