Hello Hotties,

The participating organisations have now been announced on the Outreachy
website [1]. We are happy to say that OSM and HOT have joined forces again,
and are listed as OpenStreetMap. Please take a look at the list of
finalised projects on our Outreachy landing page in GitHub [2], where there
are also project ideas from OpenAerialMap (OAM) and soon to be added, from
the American Red Cross involving OpenMapKit.

Applications for students officially opened on March 3rd and will run until
March 24th. Participants are strongly urged to get in touch and make a
contribution to at least one project. Please feel free to send me an e-mail
(mhairi.oh...@hotosm.org) directly with any queries or interest regarding
any of the listed projects and I will put you in touch with the designated
mentor.

For more details regarding the application process, please refer to the
Outreachy website [3] and do not hesitate to ask any questions using the
outreachy mailing list (outreachy-l...@gnome.org). This is a private list
and your inquires will only be visible to coordinators and mentors of the
program. Please start the subject line of your e-mail to this list with
[INQUIRY].

Accepted candidates will be announced April 27th and the internship period
runs from May 25th to August 25th.

Kind regards,

Mhairi

[1]
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/2015/MayAugust#Participating_Organizations
[2] https://github.com/hotosm/HOT-Project-Ideas/wiki/Outreachy-2015
[3] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy#Application_Process

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Cristiano Giovando <
cristiano.giova...@hotosm.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Google announced the list of organizations accepted in this year GSoC,
> but unfortunately HOT did not make it. We have such a big and awesome
> community of mappers, but we may need more active coding in our
> projects to have better chances in these programs.
>
> We are still very excited to see that OSM was accepted and have
> discussed listing some of our ideas under their application. I
> personally support the idea of developing a portable OSM ToolKit [1]
> which can be used for training, demos and field work. I'm recruiting a
> couple or mentors and then add the project to the list here [2]. If
> you have any other project that you care about and would like to
> submit an idea, please let me know.
>
> We are also really happy to participate in the Outreachy program again
> [3]. Student applications can be submitted starting today, Mhairi will
> follow up with additional information and guidelines.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cristiano
>

> [1] https://github.com/hotosm/HOT-Project-Ideas/issues/15
> [2]