Hey Ray,

Some shortcuts for JOSM are here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Keyboard_Shortcuts

The learning materials for OSM are constantly being developed and improved.
MapGive created some nice intro materials
http://mapgive.state.gov/learn-to-map/. HOT is still actively working on
learnosm (http://learnosm.org/en/). HOT has also just started to develop
OSM tracing guides (http://hotosm.github.io/tracing-guides/). Both of the
HOT projects are GitHub repositories (https://github.com/hotosm/learnosm
and https://github.com/hotosm/tracing-guides). Contributors welcome! You
don't need to write tutorials, it's helpful if you even just submit issues
via Github to request materials or point out deficiencies/mistakes. If you
don't have/want a Github account, notify the list and I'm sure someone can
log the issue for you.

All the best,
Dan Joseph