Hi Rod
If I remember correctly, our CartONG friends contacted us, the core leaders, on
the 22 by Skype to agree on the collaboration with CartONG / MSF-ch and
establish the AOI's. They then bought the first three images from Pleiades for
Gueckedou, Kissidougou and Macenta. I thought that we started to map before the
24. I remember looking around Geckedou, to see this blank map and no imagery
available.

And yes, we more officially started the 24, talking on the HOT list and
starting the Ebola Activation. No one could imagine at the time what it came to
be over the last year.

And then, yes, tomorrow is the official date where HOT / OSM activated to
respond to this health emergency.
What it is important to mention, is these Activtions are realized voluntary,
both by the Leaders of the activation, the developpers and the Support team,
plus all those who contributed in various ways. We are almost at 16 million
objects edited, more then 3,000 contributors from 100 countries.

Definitevely, This Ebola Activation is a reference after Haiti in 2010.  I
cannot mention all those that contributed to this action. For our records,
please update the wiki page for this activation documenting your contribution.
When a major activation start, these records help us to identify actions and
people that can contribute.
Thanks first to  Andrew Buck who joined in with me for the Mali activation in
early 2013. We also co-coordinated the Haiyan and Ebola activation. More
recently, Blake Girardot joined-in and supported in various ways such as
learning material, etc, etc. Others also contribute on the Activation working
group where we can collectively share some responsabilities about managing such
OpenStreetMap responses

Thanks also for these fantastic contributions.

   - The Imagery is an important aspect of our remote responses to disasters.
Except the first three images, the imagery providers offered all the imagery
necessary for this Activation  : HIU (US State Dept), MapBox, Airbus Space &
Defense.
   - Imagery support at HOT : Jean-Guilhem Cailton, Mikel Maron and Fred Moine
who looked at imagery.
   - Tasking Manager Validation process : Russell Defner + others (Russell
please mention)
   - Learning Material

   - Task manager and other tools development
   - Daily exports
   - Mapping parties
   - Communications, Updates, etc.
   - The more then  3,000 contributors from more then 100 countries ! Thanks
all.

And please others, do not hesitate to complete, help me in providing a minimum
of retrospective on this great last year of contribution.
 regard
Pierre