Hello Dave,

        This is amazing to see the vast number of invalid tags.  This really calls into question the integrity of the database.  Do you have much luck getting people to run the validator?

        I am baffled that the data validation does not take place right at the data entry stage.  This is very common in database applications.  All the critical fields have validation rules so that the operator can neither skip the critical fields nor enter data that is not applicable to that field.  If JOSM, complex as it is, is lacking input data validation, that is a serious failing, in my opinion.  For this type of mission, complete and accurate data is critical.  You do not have the luxury of time hoping that people will bother with a post entry validation process.

        I see a discussion about how to label seasonal/intermittent streams but there is obviously no standardized tag for this.  How can this be?  Who will know that two separate queries will need to be run to discover all intermittent or seasonal streams?  Data integrity is fundamental to any GIS/database project, but especially for one supporting a real-time emergency.

                 Thanks, Cheers . . . . . . . . Spring