Hi Thomas,

I think *most* of your requirements would be met with a specific
instance of iD editor with customised presets (a very reduced set).

> The avantages of such an editor would be:
> a) No bothering with tags, comments, etc.
> b) Reduction of the chance of duplicates. Because no elements outside
> the task elements are allowed.
> c) Standardisation, through predefined tags and elements
> d) Simple to use interface for users who want to help but dont want to
> know the in depth details. ( Those who want to know will switch to
> another editor anyway)
> e) optional integrated help
> f) automatic functionality like squared buildings

This has been experimented previously for a particular project:
See "open source project to map all logging roads across the Congo
Basin Rainforest"
http://loggingroads.org/ with its own integrated iD.

I love the idea and it would be great to have a person/team to run
some dry tests in HOT context.

Cheers

- althio